I am always being asked for the best ways to improve quality of life. Improving our lives is an important and ever changing journey that I am constantly trying to refine my advice. Here I have narrowed down and summarized some of my key steps to turn things around or improve your life. As I have learned lately; any good tips on self improvement have to be simple, effective and easy to follow so these are my top 12 tips to improve your life, today and forever.
1. Only look forward. Don’t dwell on issues from the past, work out where you want to be and how to get there, constantly staying focused on moving forward. No regrets.
2. Don’t stand still. We can’t always make the right decisions and occasionally things go wrong but being afraid of making a mistake and fear of change just leads to indecision and stagnation. Anyone can stay in their cozy bubble for the rest of their life but if you want something better you need to get moving. Albert Einstein said: “Life is like riding a bike; to keep your balance you have to keep moving.”
3. Do what you love. I am always saying this but it’s so important, if you are unhappy and doing a job you hate then life will always be tough.
4. Be self sufficient. I am not talking about growing you own vegetables I am saying take responsibility for yourself, nobody else is going to hand you a new and improved life on a plate. Take the responsibility to go and get it yourself, you CAN do it!
5. Recognize life is short and celebrate being alive by doing something amazing. What will you be remembered for when you are gone? What’s your legacy other than your children? Everyone is capable of doing something memorable.
6. Make it happen. When I left the teenage homeless hostel 15 years ago and set out on my adventure to become a successful entrepreneur only one person made that happen, me. We are all in control of our own destiny and we are all capable of incredible things all we have to do is make it happen.
7. Don’t be afraid to take a few calculated risks. You can’t win all the time but you won’t win at all if you don’t play the game. A lot of people are scared of risk and that is the only thing holding them back. Roll the dice!
8. If any opportunity presents itself, take it. Take everything that comes your way, say yes now and worry about how later. You can always discard it later but if you don’t take it when it’s offered and if you consider it for too long you will lose it. You snooze, you lose!
9. Attitude is key. I have gained new investment, won sales pitches and got amazing job offers purely on my attitude and enthusiasm. If you have the right attitude your life will always improve.
10. Surround yourself with the right people. Some people love to drag others back down to their level, some people will take everything you have to offer and give you nothing back in return. The people around you will affect your life whether you want them to or not, be selective in who you allow to have that power over you. I love helping people but I won’t allow people to drag me back or drain me, the people closest to me are just as positive for me as I am for them.
11. Don’t give me problems give me solutions. Have you noticed when you have ideas most people will quickly tell you why it won’t work? Don’t take any notice and never be like them, don’t be negative to yourself or others. Come up with solutions to issues that you or others have, think positively and make things work, don’t destroy them before they even get started.
12. Read How To Be Lucky by Matt Kinsella to find out how I started my adult life in a hostel for homeless teenagers but turned my life around by making my own luck and became a successful entrepreneur. How To Be Lucky is also my unique guide to help you achieve your dreams and ambitions in a practical no-nonsense way. Buy a copy here
If you would like some help with marketing your business or just to share your experiences I would really like to hear from you. Get in touch via the form below and I will email you back.