I am always telling people how short life is and how we should be doing what we love while we can and before we regret it. This got me thinking about bucket list ideas.
I started looking at some bucket lists on the internet and lists of things “all real men should do before they die”, to some extent they were tongue in cheek and just a bit of fun. As I have lived quite a colorful life already I have ticked off a large number of fun, cool and also silly things but it got me thinking about things I would still like to do so I started thinking of my own bucket list ideas.
Because I have only had general bucket list ideas in my head before I thought this would be a good moment to write a bucket list properly, share it here and update it as I tick things off and add new things. I strongly recommend you write your own bucket list so you make sure you are focused on what you want from life. Let your list be long and comprehensive like mine below, I am adding everything, big and small that I want to see or do before I die, no matter how huge, small, unrealistic or silly. If I really would like to achieve it before I die, it’s going on the list. It might start off small and modest but I am going to add to it over time so stay posted.
My bucket list, in no particular order or priority:
- Ride a horse through the Grand Canyon
- Spend more time in my family’s homeland Ireland
- Own, train and enter a racehorse at an official track event
- Go back to Las Vegas at least once more
- Kayak down the Amazon (not the whole way, just a few miles will do)
- Live in Australia for at least one year
- Learn how to snowboard properly and spend at least a couple of winters in a mountain resort
- Catch a marlin
- Spend an entire 6 months island hopping in the Mediterranean
- Spend an entire 6 months island hopping in the Caribbean
- Spend more than a month in Hawaii, whilst there I must learn to surf to a reasonable level
- Write another book
- Teach at least one of my children how to fish
- Go to the Monaco Grand Prix
- Ride a Harley Davidson on route 66
- Learn Hungarian to a standard where I can hold a good conversation with a stranger and write a letter
- Sell at least 5 of my artwork photographs
- Be the best man at a friends wedding
- Paint at least one painting that I would like enough to hang on my own wall
- Learn to play the guitar better so I can play Voodoo Chile by Hendrix to a reasonable standard. I would also like to play Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd and sing along. (I can sing it pretty well, just need to add the guitar).
- Go fire walking
- Mentor someone who becomes a successful entrepreneur
- Bake more bread
- Watch Juventus play a home derby match against Inter Milan, also Barcelona at home to Real Madrid and Liverpool vs Manchester United at Anfield. All in one season
- Build a house from scratch
- Take 3 successive foreign trips at random by only choosing and booking the destination the day before leaving
- Breed an endangered species and contribute to bringing it back from the edge of extinction. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a fish, mammal, bird, reptile or amphibian
- Have my own fishing lake, catch fish and cook them on my BBQ regularly with my friends
- Write a blog post on this blog every day for a year
- Make more of my own beer
- Have no work, business or social commitments for one year so I can give my family undivided attention all day, every day for a full 365 days
- Get another tattoo, one I really like this time instead of a half drunk teenage one
- Make more loans and donations through DEKI.org.uk to help third world entrepreneurs
If you would like more advice on making the most your life and how I turned my life around from being a homeless teen to being a successful entrepreneur, read my book How To Be Lucky and my Direct Entrepreneur Program. It’s my story and my advice plus my experience of the changes and improvements I have made since.
If you would like some help with marketing your business or just to share your experiences I would really like to hear from you. Get in touch via the form below and I will email you back.